The Zoo lets you share RhinoGold licenses (Product-Keys) among users on the same network workgroup. When these products are installed as the workgroup nodes instead of stand-alone, it works like this:
- When a workgroup node starts, it requests a license from the Zoo.
- An unused license is assigned to the node.
- When a node shuts down, the license is returned to the Zoo's license pool.
The Zoo is free!
- No extra costs - Special versions of RhinoGold or Rhino are not needed.
- No special hardware needed - The Zoo will run on any system in the same network workgroup.
- No special software needed - The Zoo will run on any Windows system, including Windows XP, Vista, or 7, and Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 systems.
- Simple setup - Install the Zoo on any system in the workgroup and type the license keys into the Zoo instead of the individual systems.
- Check out - License keys can be checked out so laptop users can disconnect from the network. The key can be checked in again when the laptop is reconnected to the network.
- Robust - Workgroup nodes will keep working even if the network connection or server is down.
- Routable - The Zoo works on both single-segments networks, or networks where systems are separated by routers.
- Mixed environment - A mixture of Workgroup Nodes and Standalone Nodes on the same Windows Domain or Workgroup is supported.
- Runs as a service - If you reboot the system with the Zoo, the Zoo will automatically start up.
- A Windows-based system:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- A network connection configured for TCP/IP.
- Download and install Zoo 5.0 on a Windows-based server or workstation.
- Download and install TDM Solutions Licenses Manager on a Windows-based server or workstation
- Make sure TCP Port 80 is open on any firewall software that is running on the server or workstation.
- Launch ZooAdmin and add your Rhino 5 and RhinoGold 4 Product Key.
In User computer:
- If you already have Rhino 5 or RhinoGold installed, then launch Rhino and pick Tools → Options → Licenses. Select your Rhino license and click Convert. Then, close Rhino and restart. At startup, select Network Node as your license type and specify either the host name or IP address of your Zoo server.
More information about Zoo